Unexpected exception with wbhook32.dll error when opening Internet Explorer
Users who are using new P2P sharing programs like KaZaA that include their own antivirus programs and are also running McAfee antivirus programs may encounter this error.
If you have the KaZaA or eDonkey program installed on your computer, you can verify this is the cause of your problem by opening Windows' Task Manager and ending the KaZaA task from the Processes.
Users to solve this problem, it is recommended to disable their Mcafee "download scan" feature.
Note: If you need to determine the version of Mcafee, right-click the V shield icon in the Windows notification area and click the About option.
5.x Mcafee users:
- Right-click the V shield icon in the Windows notification area.
- Under " Quick Enable " select " Download Scan " to disable and enable the feature.
User of 6.6 Mcafee:
- Right-click the V shield icon in the Windows notification area and click Run.
- Click the Pick a Task button at the bottom left of the window.
- Click the link for Change my VirusScan Settings.
- Click the link to Configure Vshield background Settings.
- Uncheck Download Scan and apply the changes.
Users of Mcafee 7.x:
Mcafee 7 people should not have this problem.
If there are no recommendations on this page to solve your problem, you may want to consider updating versions of Kazaa, eDonkey, and Mcafee or removing Kazaa and eDonkey.
Freecell or Solitaire game after installing McAfee VirusScan
Although no error on wbhook32.dll is reported, it is known that problems with Freecell Solitaire or may arise after custom installation of McAfee VirusScan. This problem may be related to wbhook32.dll.
To resolve this issue, download the latest updates and Service Pack for the version of McAfee VirusScan.