A pop-up window informing you of a missing file often prompts the user to start searching for VCRUNTIME140.dll to download the link online, however, you should not download it from shady web pages and you must know which version Suitable for your operating system.
In this article, we will provide some error solutions "VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing" so that you can solve the problem without the help of computer technicians. Remember that it is important to read the instructions and follow the steps carefully to add the correct version of the .dll file to your Windows operating system to fix the problem.
Talking about the source of the missing file, we must say that VCRUNTIME140.dll is a file used by Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 . The package c ++ is installed by the software that requires it, and separate C ++ files are more responsible for the implementation of the software components.
Therefore, if any component of the C ++ package is deleted accidentally, corrupted or inactive, C ++-requesting programs cannot respond and fail with the following error:
Common causes of errors
- Many people encounter missing VCRUNTIME140.dll errors in Adobe's Creative Cloud According to Adobe technicians, problems can occur due to the conversion of Adobe Creative Cloud from Microsoft runtime to Visual C ++. This change has been started to ensure that Creative Cloud software is exploiting runtime supported by Microsoft.
- In addition, the vast majority of complaints come from people who say they are having problems VCRUNTIME140.dll Kodi. The above error message appears when starting Kodi and it seems that reinstalling the free music player does not solve the problem.
- Finally, some users have expressed complaints about the lack of MVCR110.DLL files and and VCRUNTIME140.DLL will not allow the WAMP software to work. Vcruntime140.dll is missing wamp can be fixed using the instructions below.
Fix VCRuntime140.dll Is Missing Error and Run Any Program You Want
The first thing you should do when trying to solve the problem is reinstall Visual C ++ from Microsoft's official website. However, if the problem persists, you should try using the free vcruntime140.dll download link (64 bit or 32 bit) and place the file in an appropriate location.
If this fix does not help you get rid of the problem, we recommend checking the system for malware, installing the latest Windows Update and verifying that your operating system does not include the file is corrupted or not. You can find and repair corrupted system files with Reimage software. The alternative program you can use is RegCure Pro.
Method 1. Reinstall Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
IT professionals recommend reinstalling Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 to fix missing VCRUNTIME140.dll errors It is important to follow the official Microsoft instructions and install the missing files properly If not, you will have to fight with each individual broken program that you obviously don't want to happen.
Although you can find many download sources for this software, we recommend downloading it from Microsoft's official website. Here's what you need to do:
- Get the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable from Microsoft's official website . Click the download button.
- You will be taken to the page asking you to choose the download you want. There will be two files: vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe . For simplicity, if your computer is running a 32-bit operating system, download the x86 version of the file. If you are using a 64-bit operating system, select the x64 version of the file. Simply place a bookmark next to the file you want and then press Next.
- Open the file (you'll see its name in the lower part of the browser window). You will be asked to read the Microsoft Software License Terms and agree with them to install the missing software. Check " I agree to the license terms and conditions " and select Install.
- This will solve the problem you are having, and different programs will no longer show you the error described.
Method 2. Fix Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable
- Right-click on the Windows Start menu icon and select Control Panel . You can also find the same program by opening Search and typing "control" into the search bar.
- Open Programs & Features or Add / Remove Programs according to the type of operating system you use.
- Find Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - [version number] and click Change .
- When the uninstaller appears, No clicks "Uninstall". Instead, select Repair .
- Finally, restart the system.
Method 3. Check the system for malware
VCRUNTIME140.dll error may also be related to virus infection. If you have tried to reinstall and fix Visual C ++ Redistributable but it is useless, we recommend checking the malware system. For this purpose, you can use any powerful anti-malware software, for example Reimage.
- Reinstalling the program cannot start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing. For example, if Skype or Skyrim were affected, uninstall it from Control Panel and then download the latest version from the official website. You can also perform the "repair" procedure using the same technique described in Method 2.
- Install Windows Updates. Open the Settings app and go to Updates & Security . Click Check for Updates and wait for the search process to complete.
- Run System File Checker to see if the system does not contain corrupted / outdated / corrupted files. To do this, use the search window to find Command Prompt. Right click on it and select Run as administrator. Then, type sfc / scannow . Press Enter to execute it.