1. Prevent Windows from automatically downloading updates
To prevent Windows from automatically downloading updates, follow the steps below:
1. Right-click the Windows icon.
2. Select Control Panel.
3. On the Control panel interface, select Administrative Tools.
4. The next step is to double-click the Services option to open the Services Menu.
5. Scroll down to the Services Menu to find and double-click the Windows Update option .
6. In the Windows Update Properties window, select the Stop button under Service Status: Running .
From now on Windows will no longer automatically download updates to your device.
2. Prevent Internet Explorer and Edge browser from automatically downloading photos on the Web
To prevent Internet Explorer and Edge browser from automatically downloading images on the Web to your computer, follow the steps below:
1. Double-click the Windows icon.
2. Select Control Panel on the menu to open the Control Panel window.
3. On the Control Panel window, select the Internet Options option .
4. Next on the Internet Properties window, select the Advanced tab .
5. Scroll down to Multimedia section and uncheck the Show picture option to finish.
3. The Chrome pane does not automatically upload photos on the Web
1. Open your Chrome browser, then click the 3 dash line icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Next enter "image" into the Search settings pane.
3. Select Content settings ....
4. Finally, select the option Do not show any images is complete.
If you want to view a photo of a particular website, select Manage exceptions and then enter that website in the window below.
4. Activate Experimental Data Saver Mode on Chrome browser
1. Open chrome: // flags / .
2. Next scroll down to find the Enable Data Saver option Lo-Fi mode and click Enable to activate the option.
5. Disable unnecessary features on Microsoft Edge browser
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your computer, then click the 3 dots (More actions) icon in the top right corner.
2. Select Settings.
3. Next scroll down to find and select the option View Advanced settings.
4. Change the state of Use Adobe Flash Player option from ON to OFF.
5. Convert Cortana assistance status to OFF.
6. Status switches Show search suggestions and Use page prediction options from ON to OFF .
6. Disable notifications on Windows 10
To disable notifications on Windows 10, follow the steps below:
1. Press the Windows + I key combination to open the Settings panel. Here, click the System icon .
2. Next select Notifications & actions in the list of left frame options.
3. Switch status options Show app notifications and Show notifications on the lock screen to OFF.
7. Prevent Windows 10 from loading Maps on the background
1. Press the Windows + I key combination to open the Settings panel. Here you click on System.
2. Next on the list of left frame options, click on the Offline maps option .
3. Convert the Automatically update maps option setting to OFF.
8. Use the 3rd software to set the download speed limit
1. Download NetLimiter to your device and install it. NetLimiter allows you to set the download speed for a specific program.
2. Follow the instructions to install NetLimiter.
After you have completed the installation process, open the application and select a program that you want to set the download speed limit for.
3. Change the value in the Limit frame to set the download speed of the program you selected to complete.
Refer to some of the following articles: